The Elgin Street Diner became an Ottawa institution upon first opening its doors more than 22 years ago. Whether for breakfast, casual lunch and dinner, or late-night dining, the Diner has become THE place in Ottawa. The awards and accolades speak for themselves.
- Voted best Ottawa’s best diner, best 24 hour spot, best breakfast, best poutine, best milkshake, and the restaurant with the best service by the readers of Xpress Magazine
- Listed as one of Ottawa’s top restaurants by Frommers, Lonely Planet, Yahoo!Travel, American Airlines, virtualtourist.com, nporta.com city guides, chowhound.com, ottawaplus.ca and ottawa.ca
- Maclean’s magazine included the Elgin Street Diner in a recent editorial about food that defines Canada
- The Diner has been recognized by “Cheapeat” as one of the city’s best dining values, and was one of Ottawa’s restaurants most recommended by readers. The Diner is included in the “Cheapeats Ottawa” quick lists Looking for Comfort Food?, Want Poutine?, Want Brunch?, Are You Staying Up All Night?, and Looking for An All Day Breakfast?
- The Elgin Street Diner has been featured on OMNITV’s Fat Boy Food Review, and has appeared on the NewRO, Regional Contact, Canada AM, Newsworld and CNN
- Ottawa City magazine called the Elgin Street Diner’s milkshakes “the best in the city”
- Over 200 Kilograms of Chicken a week served to ESD patrons.
- Over 10,000 (ten thousand) pounds of potatoes are hand cut into tasty little French fries.
“Best Diner in Town!”
We loved it here. Staying up the street at the Lord Elgin so it was nice and close.
We had the Rancheros and the waffle. Perfect! We’ll be going back again for breakfast. Reasonable prices and friendly staff. Lots of good seating. Coffee was good as well.